The Garrod family began involvement with California agriculture and open space in 1893, when David and Sophia Garrod purchased lands from the Mount Eden Orchard and Vineyard Company. R.V. and Emma Garrod continued with apricot and prune orchards, which defined what was then known as ‘The Valley of Heart’s Delight’. Harkening back to these historic roots, the Cooper-Garrod wine label recalls glorious orchard blossoms which enhanced spring views from our hillsides early in the previous century. The Fruit House, now the tasting room, was built in 1922 to store dried fruit until it was shipped to market.